Thursday, July 8, 2010

Say "hi" to the SBS Sketch Challenge!

Okay...I will admit it. I am not a challenge kinda' gal.

That's not true.

I didn't *know* I was a challenge kinda' gal.

Truth.

Many a challenge I have passed up, not out of fear or lack of confidence, no-no, out of sheer lack of interest. Oh, I've heard all about how fun it can be to push yourself creatively; to mix up your usual routine; to think outside the box. Even then...uninterested. That is, until Betty of Simply Betty Stamps announced her FIRST SIMPLY BETTY STAMPS CHALLENGE! I admit, I was skeptical at first, but now-I believe!

Because of this month's SBS Sketch Challenge, I completed this card in *30 MINUTES*! What?! Oh yes, my friends, I am a believer.


After just a half an hour, this doll, Lola, is ready for her close-up!


Here is the original SBS Sketch challenge that I started with:


I am sure by now, you too are itching to participate in this month's debut challenge, but you must know, that its speedy road to completed cards is not this challeneges' only attraction. If you participate in this month's challenge, and link to your project from the SBS Blog by July 29th 11:59 EST, *YOU* could be the guest designer for the month of AUGUST! Please swing on by the SBS Blog to not only see what teh other DT members have come up with, but to read more about how you can be a member of the SBS DT...you know that means FREE images, right?! ;)

So, TRUTH OR DARE, dear readers?

Hugs and HOOTS,
<3 Alicia

Supplies: Paper-Basic Grey, SU! Cardtock, Wavy Borders- Kiwilane Designs (kiwilane.com), Sentiment Stamp- Claudia and Company, Misc: Image colored with Primacolor Markers and Copics, Embellished with dimensionals and half-back pearls

5 comments:

  1. Wowie! I wish mine had taken 30 minutes and still look like that! Fabulous card Alicia! I love the flower in Lola's hair!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia!
    (Love your DT photo, BTW - so fab!)
    Once upon a time, I didn't think I was a challenge girl either. Now I can't get enough - if only I had time! So glad you have been bitten by the challenge bug, at least in regards to Betty. Now if we can just get you over to TBD...heehee!

    Is it wrong that I love your card and hate you for making it in 30 minutes?!? LOL! You definitely need to teach me that trick! Lola looks fab. I love the flower you added and her watery blue eyes!

    Hugs,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, my friend! You are sooo talented. It's so summery, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally awesome Alicia - love the swirl in the DP and the matching flowers - just gorgeous!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny... that's why I love ya! Great card, of course! Now you know why I'm a believer in challenges, especially sketch challenges. Give me a sketch and I'm good to go!!

    ReplyDelete