Sunday, March 21, 2010

A card for my Maid of Honor

I can not believe that my wedding is just 6 months away! Where have I been the last two months? LOL Planning update: we are meeting with the florist this week and the photographer next week. We don't have a wedding planner or anything and I refuse to go near a bridal magazine, so it's been an adventure! I just want everything to be simple and *real* and *us*.
You may have read on the Cricut MB that my planned MOH will be unable to take this role due to an unexpected pregnancy, so I've asked another of my Bride's maid's, my big sis from my sorority, to be my MOH. She excitedly took the role and when I told her I didn't want her to feel bad that I didn't pick her first she was , "oh please...let's get to work!" Gotta' LOVE this girl!
At any rate, I wanted to make her a card to tell her how happy I am that I am sharing this time with her and that she has been so supportive, so I made her a card using some of those KI Memories stamps I scooped up at Joann's on clearance. Now, you may be looking back at those photos and thinking to yourself "I don't see a dress in any of those sets," well how could I settle for only a few of those stamp sets at under a buck? If I am going to lose my job, I better jump all over deals while I can and stock up! I went back and bought another 18 sets (including a wedding themed set) because I couldn't believe the deal! LOL The clerk said "Can you believe you would have spent like $100.00 on these normally?"
Without further ado, here is my MOH card :)



I was amazed by the complete LACK of fancy, frilly papers I had available in my stash for this card! Based on this fact, I used my next coupon to get the mat stack sized version of the new DCWV "Linen" stack, so I'd have some appropriate wedding colored fancy papers for the future! I am sure I will need to make a lot of littel thank you notes along the way in the coming months! I love that little stack and am looking forward to playing with it soon.
I tried making a video tonight about making true 12" long borders using the gypsy, but my mojo was on vacation. I will give it another go tomorrow night, though...I have a couple techniques for getting your borders the correct length, which I have been meaning to share!
Supplies: Stamps-KI Memories, Paper-Green Bling Bazzil Cardstock, SU! Very Vanilla, DCWV Pink Cardstock, Patterned Paper-DCWV, Nana's Nursery Stack,Punches-SU! Scallop Square punch (4 overlapped for each, to make a larger sized square) Pearls-Hobby Lobby (not in CA), Misc: Ribbon, Dimensionals.
Thanks for looking! Have a happy week!
Hugs and HOOTS!
<3 Alicia

3 comments:

  1. ITS GORGEOUS!!!!! Glad everything is working out for your wedding!!!! Congrats....I wish I could get married over and over (to the same guy of course) My wedding was simple, I didnt stress and it was the GREATEST day of my life!!!!!!! If for some reason you need a different photog....my BFF and her hubby are amazing wedding photographers =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mija the card is gorgeous. good luck with the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, flowerdisco, your use of the word "mija" just warmed my heart; missing my grandmother in the midst of all this wedding planning! <3
    Thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete